The Sugar segment has traditionally been AGRANA's core business.
AGRANA Zucker GmbH maintains nine production facilities in five EU countries and a plant in Bosnia-Herzegovina. AGRANA also markets sugar and starch products in Bulgaria. This makes AGRANA one of the leading sugar companies in Central and Eastern Europe. Through its country-specific sugar brands, such as Wiener Zucker in Austria and Koronás Cukor in Hungary, AGRANA offers customers a wide range of sugar and speciality sugar products.
AGRANA sugar products are marketed as follows:
- To end consumers via food retailers,
- To the food processing industry including soft beverage producers, makers of confectionary, and the fermentation industry as well as other food-based sectors.
AGRANA's strengths include:
- High product quality standards,
- A product range closely reflecting customer needs,
- A range of services tailored to customers' specific requirements,and
- Just-in-time logistics throughout the entire sales region.
These qualitative aspects and our consistent customer-focus play a major role in cultivating long-term customer loyalty. This provides the basis not only for sustainable competitive advantages but also for our outstanding position in an increasingly competitive market environment.