Agronomy Manager (m/f/d)
|Firma:||AGRANA Fruit Services GmbH|
|Standort:||Friedrich-Wilhelm-Raiffeisen-Platz 1, 1020 Wien, Österreich|
AGRANA Fruit is part of the AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG, operating at 26 production sites on 5 continents worldwide. We offer a wide range of creative and innovative solutions for the food and beverage industry. Our fruit solutions deliver high quality fruit, which is expertly prepared to be used in the dairy, ice cream, bakery, food service and beverage industries. AGRANA Fruit’s product development work incorporates the latest global nutritional and health trends.
We are looking for a motivated personality ready to join our Agronomy department as Agronomy Manager (m/f/d).
Location: European or African countries with AGRANA Fruit affiliates
Purpose of the job:
In this role, the job holder will be responsible for improving the global supplier network, focusing on the agricultural supplier-base of our strategic suppliers of frozen (IQF) fruits. This involves the responsibility to either improve the existing agricultural supplier base of those companies, to develop new strategic suppliers or to guide companies already involved or willing to be involved in the first transformation business to invest also in agricultural production as a means to supply their factories.
- You foster research on new potential markets for the purchase of strategic fruits (e.g. strawberry) at competitive prices compared to the global market.
- You assess on the ground the situation of different cultures and the evolution that agricultural markets for certain fruits can follow with the goal of giving strategic advice within the AGRANA group.
- You give agronomic advice to the department and to the farmers involved in the projects with regards to matters such as phyto-sanitary product and fertilizer use, GAPs, traceability and sustainability.
- You help adapt agricultural production at our partners to the needs of the different destinations of use within the AGRANA group by helping establish adapted varieties, advising for cost reduction or advising with regards to certifications required to meet the needs of specific products (e.g. sustainable, organic). You also ensure that they deliver a product that is conform in terms of contaminant residues, hygiene, traceability, etc.
- You support strategic suppliers of fruits worldwide in developing their agricultural supplier-base or starting up their own farms through practical advice, support and transfer of know-how as well as participation in hands-on farm management (farm budget, farm programs, etc.).
- You manage specific supplier development projects to set up and/or improve the strategic supplier base.
- You have a degree in agronomy or agri-business management.
- You have minimum 3 years of experience in strawberry agronomy/agriculture. Other berries are also an advantage.
- Small experience in industrial transformation or IQF of agricultural goods would also be a plus.
- As a pro-active team player with excellent communication skills, you act as an interface between suppliers and internal departments (purchasing, quality, sustainability, etc.).
- You are stress-resistant, resilient and you can work in a fast-paced environment that requires high flexibility and commitment to results.
- You have flexibility for travelling, to sub-Saharan African countries in particular.
- With your open-minded personality, you have the ability to deal and communicate effectively in an international, culturally diverse environment.
- You are fluent in French and English. Any other languages are an advantage, especially Portuguese, Spanish, or Dutch.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Being involved and working on different projects in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Work in a truly creative and dynamic environment and be part of an international and diverse team.
- The working location is flexible - it can be located in France, Belgium, Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, Germany or Austria.
- Personal development & career opportunities in an international company
- Modern, state-of-the-art offices and office equipment
- AGRANA "Fit Program" offering various sports and health programs
- Home Office option up to 50% working time after the onboarding process.
- Due to legal reasons in Austria, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position, which is € 33,255.04 gross per year. However, our attractive compensation package is based on market-oriented salaries and professional experience.
- Applications (CV/ letter of motivation) are accepted in German or English
Doris ZANGL (HR Manager)
As a global company, we are very proud of our diverse workforce and attach great importance to equal opportunity and diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation who is passionate about our company to apply.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application.