The Sugar segment has traditionally been AGRANA's core business. AGRANA Zucker GmbH acts as a holding company for all of the subsidiaries of the Sugar segment and, as such, is responsible for their coordination and management.
AGRANA Zucker GmbH maintains nine production facilities in five EU countries in addition, since mid 2008, to a plant in Bosnia-Herzegovina. AGRANA also markets sugar and starch products in Bulgaria. This makes AGRANA one of the leading sugar companies in Central and Eastern Europe. Through its country-specific sugar brands, such as Wiener Zucker in Austria and Koronás Cukor in Hungary, AGRANA offers customers a wide range of sugar and speciality sugar products.
In addition, the Sugar segment also includes the related area of operations based on instant products which is run by INSTANTINA Nahrungsmittel Entwicklungs- und Produktions Ges.m.b.H. (Austria). Österreichische Rübensamenzucht Ges.m.b.H., a sugar beet seed grower, is also owned by the Sugar segment.
AGRANA sugar products are marketed as follows:
- To end consumers via food retailers,
- To the food processing industry including soft beverage producers, makers of confectionary, and the fermentation industry as well as other food-based sectors.
AGRANA's strengths include:
- High product quality standards,
- A product range closely reflecting customer needs,
- A range of services tailored to customers' specific requirements,and
- Just-in-time logistics throughout the entire sales region.
These qualitative aspects and our consistent customer-focus play a major role in cultivating long-term customer loyalty. This provides the basis not only for sustainable competitive advantages but also for our outstanding position in an increasingly competitive market environment.