CHARACTERISTICS of NATURAL BETAINE
- Scientifically proven effects in various areas:
- As an organic osmolyte, betaine confers protection against cell stress; it restores and maintains cellular integrity and functionality, and prevents dehydration, especially in hot climatic conditions.
- As a methyl group donor, betaine provides methyl groups for the synthesis of numerous substances, intermediates in protein, fat and energy metabolism, and is involved in DNA methylation.
- Furthermore, betaine is utilised with high efficiency in fermentation processes in order to increase the output of the final product.
- Multiple applications: due to its natural properties, betaine has multiple applications in various industrial sectors.
Positive properties for humans
- Promotion of well-being and performance
- Increases resilience and strength
- May improve immune responses
Positive properties for animals
- Improved performance and high quality end-products
- Enhanced gut health, lower litter moisture content and lower mortality rates
- Improved production efficiency
Natural betaine generated from sugar beet
ActiBeet® - FEED GRADE
CRYSTALLINE BETAINE, BETAINE MOLASSES AND BYPRODUCTS
*According to the COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) No 505/2012, Article 22(b) regulating the use of non-organic spices, herbs, and molasses.
DuraBeet® - Food grade
Food-grade quality: produced using food grade materials in a GMP compliant food facility, meeting food grade specifications.
Producing betaine from the sugarbeet is an exciting procedure, pre-supported by the sugar production and molasses desugarization, to finally derive crystalline betaine.
Production of LIQUID BETAINE
The following products are derived by means of molasses desugarisation:
- Thick juice II
- Residual molasses, and
- Liquid betaine
Production of Crystalline Betaine
Betaine for food and personal care purposes is subjected to an additional polishing process.